We are pleased to inform you that the RecyClass Online Tool has been updated to facilitate your experience and to give you access to additional features and information.
Sections 3 – Type of packaging, 4 – Design for Recycling, and 5 – Results have been revamped, to enable the most accurate evaluation of your packaging recyclability. That includes:
- Interactive selection of your type of packaging allowing the system to attribute the corresponding Design for Recycling Guideline.
- New section on the Sorting behaviour of your packaging. Please note that this section is only informative and will not impact the self-assessment results.
- Mass balance calculation replaces the former part 1 – General Questions.
- Multi-choice selection for the questions on Design for Recycling.
- Mapping of the European countries with information on their collection systems, as well as the availability of sorting and recycling infrastructures.
Please note that the updates do not affect the methodology behind the Tool and therefore, the results you obtained with previous analyses remain unchanged. The re-organisation of the questions will facilitate the use of the Tool and improve the understanding of its different sections.
RecyClass Members will enjoy an additional feature through which they will be able to self-assess both the recyclability and the recyclability rate of their packaging with the Tool.
Moreover, the changes allow for a better alignment with the Recyclability Certification Scheme. Please note that the analysis result of the Tool is not a certificate. Any company interested to get certified is invited to contact one of the recognized Certification Bodies listed on the RecyClass website or to contact RecyClass Team for additional information.
The updated tool includes the new recyclability class logos that were developed by the RecyClass Claims Task Force in line with the Recyclability & Recycled Content Use of Claims Guidance.
Finally, to increase transparency and traceability of the tool updates, any user can access the changelog available on the versions page. The version of the tool is reported as well on the PDF report generated after each analysis is completed, allowing you to keep track of the changes.